June 02, 2012

Jon English - Stand By Me - Updated

                                                                            
I was not aware of this recording until several days ago. I found it by some strange coincidence. 

Is there such a thing?

Many thanks to Garry for making this song available for downloading, and for the extra information:
"Jon issued a single in September 1994 here for you to download, "Stand by Me" b/w "Stand By Me (Dance Mix)" (PDSCD 570) on Possum Records.

Royalties from this single were donated to the N.S.W. Parkinson's Syndrome Society.

Backing vocals: Justine Ballen and Amanda Hanna. Peter Dawkins produced the single with engineer Gavin Dutfield"

"Stand By Me" by Jon English is available from
Ozzie Music Man who has a veritable treasure trove of rare Australian rock for your listening pleasure.You can  find it here.

Garry also brought to my attention the fact that Jon has released an anthology of his first eight albums -  info via Facebook -  which I don't use and probably never will.

I have all  of them on vinyl, but CD’s are so much better!
I was really thrilled to receive mine recently.
You can get them here, as well as Jon’s DVDs.

I particularly like the DVD “Live and Rare”.  
Not to mention so many other songs on the CDs which I have not heard for a long time.
Another “strange coincidence” was finding this excellent review of “InRoads”. 
Released in 1981, and available on the Anthology albums. Impressive!

I have several other posts about Jon and his music on my blog - the search function works very well:)
                                                                


Thanks, Jon, much appreciated!
Loving all of it:)

Update: 

I went to see “Rock Revolution” on November 17th,2012. 

Jon said “Stand by Me is his favourite Motown song just before he sang it.

                                                                      

Some pictures of Jon's earlier single covers. 


Other songs by Jon English on this blog and related posts:

























Countdown Celebrates Its 40th Anniversary: Prince Charles Recreates The Interview With Molly Meldrum


♥♥Remembering Jon English♥♥